I can’t believe we have already been engaged for a month! Today I thought I would share with you the different tools I am using to stay organized and also a few things that we have been able to check off the list!
I’ve actually gone a little overboard when it comes to all of the wedding planning lists because I’m currently using a checklist from the Knot, Brides, Wedding Wire and my Wedding Planner book from Southern Living that was an engagement present from my mom. While this probably seems over the top (and very well might be) all of those lists are free and I feel like depending on the site you get different levels of detail – for example, Brides gives you a blow by blow and has drop down menus for every checklist item that gives you more details and tips while WeddingWire just seems to give you basics. Part of the reason why I’m using several planning tools is because I want to make sure I’m not forgetting anything so being able to cross reference the lists is great.
In the past month of being engaged we have already:
- Visited venues and booked the one of our dreams!
- Booked our photographer (someone else was interested in our day but we were able to pay first so yay!)
- Booked our photobooth – our photographer also does photobooths so it’s nice to knock out two birds with one stone and get a discount while you’re at it!
- Set up a tasting with our first choice in catering – crossing our fingers that it goes well and I’ll be putting up more details of what to ask/expect soon!
- Researched day of coordinators – I know I definitely want one…it’s just a matter of finding someone who fits our budget.
- Researched DJs – we already have a quote from one company but want to shop around more before making the decision.
- Started our registry – kind of…I created a registry for us at Macy’s but didn’t put anything on it yet.
- Started our wedding website – we’re going to be using squarespace for our website and when Carson has a free minute he’s going to help me customize the HTML and CSS for it.
- Insured my ring – I’ve had at least 3 nightmares about something happening to my ring so this is a big stress relief.
Now on to what I hope to do in the next month of our engagement:
- Nail down our colors – I know what I think they’ll be but I’m having a hard time deciding on what shades of the colors we want…might have to go to Home Depot or Lowes and play with their color swatches!
- Go dress shopping! I’m very excited for this but also nervous because I have no idea what kind of dress I want or what I would like.
- Finalize the guest list – we’re aiming for 150 people and our preliminary list was ~220 so we’ve got some work to do!
- Get our engagement photos taken – I’m still undecided if I want our photos to happen at sunrise or sunset or during the day…
- Finalize save the dates (and hopefully the ones we choose will have coordinating invites?!)
- Meet with DJ’s in person.
- Book our caterer.
- Start our first intro class at church!
What’s on your to-do list right now and do you have any tips on making all of these decisions?!