It’s that time of the week again – Wedding Wednesday! As we begin to get into the nitty gritty details of the wedding I thought it would be a good idea to discuss how we are splitting (or not) wedding responsibilities:
I have all of them. Just kidding. Kind of.
It just so happens that I am currently not employed full time so I have a lot more free time than my fiancee, father or mother to do wedding related activities. The way that I’ve been going about this wedding planning business is:
- I do all of the research and find good candidates for whatever it is we are looking for.
- I bring the information to the important parties. For example: choosing our photographer was a decision that was made by Carson and I alone, but the catering decision is going to be made by all of us.
- We then either go forward with meeting people or go back to the drawing board.
Some of the responsibilities that I will be delegating includ:
- Bridesmaids dresses. I don’t want to even ask my girls to get dresses that are $150+ so I’m going to leave it up to them to get dresses that fit the color/length requirements.
- Music. Does this count? I’m not sure because our DJ just wants about 20-30 songs to go off of and he fills in the rest. The 20-30 songs will be chosen by myself, Carson, my parents, his parents and the bridal party.
- Catering. I’m going to be there for all of the tastings but I’ve mainly left this decision in the hands of my parents and I have no qualms about this because they have really good taste and know how to throw a party.
- Favors. I’ve already asked Amy (my soon to be mother-in-law) to scout out the situation with half of the favors.
- Set-up/breakdown. Our venue sets up the tables and chairs for us. The caterer will hopefully be doing all of the tablecloths/napkins. The florist and family will be doing centerpieces etc.