As we try to decide on a honeymoon destination I thought I would share with you our thought processes and general ideas we have been throwing around. Googling “honeymoon destinations” will give you a ton of results. Finding options isn’t the problem…finding something that fits what you want and stays within budget is the hard part. If you have any tips or suggestions I’d love to hear them!
Idea’s We’ve Discarded:
- New Zealand – on one hand it is literally at the top of our dream list. On the other hand it is super far away and our honeymoon would be during the winter over there and we would constantly be going and doing things which would be exhausting.
- Ireland – another destination that is at the top of our list but once again, we’d want to see and do so much that our honeymoon would be exhausting and we will already be exhausted from the wedding celebration.
- Bali, Tahiti, Bora Bora/Fiji (yep, all on the dream list…but they are so far away and I don’t think we want to spend a day or more flying to the destination)
Idea’s We Are Considering:
We definitely want our honeymoon to be a time of relaxation and bonding. Our definition of relaxation has turned out to be “tropical.” Sand, ocean, little drinks with umbrellas? Yes please! We also don’t want to spend an arm and a leg just on airfare but also want to obviously take a memorable trip. We are staying away from the European countries because I feel like we would once again feel like there is so much to see and do in a short period of time and wouldn’t get any rest.
- Caribbean Islands – there are so many and we’ve had a lot of recommendations for different ones.
- The Bahamas
- Cayman Islands
- Hawaii (maps are so deceiving – Hawaii is far away!)
Any tips for making this difficult choice? Did you end up going tropical?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin