I thought this week would be a good week to take stock of what we have already accomplished and what’s next on our list!
- We got our dream venue! Read more about the process and questions to ask here.
- I got my dress! I was seriously stressing out about it and am so glad that I was able to get that huge part accomplished. (Carson says…”You’re really more worried about what you’re going to wear than anything else?” Um, yes. It must be a girl thing.) You can read more about the experience here.
- We met DJ’s.
- We’ve met more caterers and are also close to making a final decision. One comment – why do none of the caterers seem to have coral tablecloths? What is up with that?! I created a list of questions for caterers that you can find here.
- We’ve begun our registry. So far we have a Target one and a Macy’s one, we will probably create just one more but we are not sure where yet.
- We got our engagement photos taken! This was also a huge relief…especially after I asked myself, “did we really make a good choice on our photographer?” Yes, I am at the stage where I am second guessing every wedding decision that I am making. But I am still super excited to see the photos soon! You can read about how to choose a photographer here.
- We picked our colors. This was difficult for me. So many to choose from! I’m still not 100% set on how they’ll play out in the wedding (Seriously. Where are the coral tablecloths?!) but I think it’ll be great.
- We decided on our theme – a mix of two, actually, that we are going to try to blend really well because they are both big parts of our personalities.
- We’ve chosen our wedding party! Well, Carson has one more person to ask but it’ll happen soon. Read about how I popped the question here.
- Finalize guest list. To be honest, I’m hard core avoiding this part. But we’re sending save the dates next month so I can only avoid it for so long!
- Our pastor just got back from a 3 month sabbatical (and proceeded to make a joke about how he was stepping down in January which made my heart stop.) And we just have to finalize everything with him and are in the process of taking a marriage course.
- Get our wedding website up. This may or may not be the only thing I asked to be my present for Christmas from Carson.
- Finalize DJ.
- Finalize the caterer.
- Start looking for a videographer.
- Decide if we need/want a day of coordinator.
- Talk with florists. We have all of the ideas but will be talking with a few potentials soon.
- Choose bridesmaid dresses…I’ve been avoiding this a little too, just because I don’t want my bridesmaids to break the bank and there are a lot of options that do exactly that.
- Talk with a travel agent about honeymoon possibilities! I think this is one of the most exciting aspects of planning the wedding for me…and it’s going to be tough relinquishing the reins to Carson on this one!
I have no idea how this fits in but I’m just going to put this right here….