Hi everyone!! We are getting ready to meet with our first potential florist next week (our last vendor!) so I thought that this would be the perfect time to share with you all of the different questions that I will be asking:
As always, feel free to let me know if there are questions you feel I should add to the list!! And as a side note: you should try to bring some inspirational pictures that you’ve found (or heck, bring your whole Pinterest!), a swatch of your bridesmaids dresses and a general vision of your wedding day with you.
- Are you available on my wedding day?
- Have you done weddings at my location before?
- How many other weddings are you providing flowers for that day?
- Will you have enough time to set up my flowers and centerpieces for both the ceremony and reception?
- Is there an extra fee for this?
- How far in advance will you be creating the bouquets and arrangements?
- How do you store them to keep them looking their best?
- Do you have a portfolio of recent weddings?
- Based on my wedding style and budget, what set of floral arrangements would you recommend?
- Which flowers would you recommend we use based on the time of year, color palette and budget?
- Which flowers can be substituted to better fit my budget?
- What types of vases/containers do you suggest? Can we rent them from you?
- What color lighting would you recommend based on the flowers we’ve chosen and color scheme?
- Do you charge a delivery fee?
- How long do you need to set up?
- What time will you arrive to deliver and set up the flowers?
- Is there an extra fee if I need you to stay through the ceremony to move flowers into the reception?
- Are there any other additional fees I haven’t asked about?
- How much is the deposit?
- When is the final payment due/what are the payment plan options?
- When do I need to finalize my order?
- Can you provide an itemized floral proposal with prices?
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
- Are we able to provide you with some of our own flowers?
And there you have it folks! I’m also planning on asking about a few specific flowers that are special to Carson and I to see if we can incorporate them somehow or to find out if they won’t work for one reason or another. I hope you have a wonderful Wedding Wednesday and happy planning!